Galway Tourist Guide
The Galway Tourist Guide was published by JCI Galway for nearly 50 years, between 1962 - 2011. Returning in a new format in 2018.
The project consists of the printing and free distribution of an 80-page full colour tourist guide to Galway City and County. 60,000 copies were distributed annually.
View More Projects
Below is a snapshot of facts about the Galway Tourist Guide in 2007.
Tourist Guide 2007 (40th edition) - Eolaí Turasóra 2007
- 60,000 Guides distributed locally, nationally and internationally
- Free of charge to tourists
- 80 pages, printed in full colour
- Well known for its convenient size, easy to carry
- Online Guide linked to several web sites worldwide
- Features this year include:
- "City of Tribes" themed walking Tour of Galway City Centre (by Adrian J Martyn)
- Scenic driving tours of the Galway area, including Connemara
- Section on Oughterard and Roundstone
- Top free things to do in Galway
- 'Kick the Wall' tradition
- Accommodation Guide, Restaurant Guide, City Nightlife, Shopping Guide
- Tours and Transport
- Useful map of Galway city in centre pages
- Useful telephone numbers for both tourists and locals alike
- Provides a comprehensive listing of events happening in Galway for the entire year.